Pages

Sunday, June 29, 2014

My life is crazy.

Seriously. My life is insane.

My brother got a call earlier this morning from my grandmother. She was letting us know that our mother is back in the mental ward of the hospital. My mother has Paranoid Schizophrenia. Most people hear the word "schizophrenia" and automatically assume that she has multiple personalities. That's not actually true. That's not even what schizophrenia is. My mother interprets reality differently than everyone else. And her's is a little more severe than others since it is mixed with paranoia. Meaning, her thought process is heavily influenced by anxiety or fear, often to the point of irrationality and delusion. So, pretty much, my mom can get so worked up over something that she goes crazy and lands herself in the nut house. (Let's just call it what it is.) The crazy part is the first time she was institutionalized was the month before I was born. (Or so I'm told.) Even worse, she's been in and out of institutions 27 times. Keep in mind, I'm not even 24 yet. My mom is crazy. Legally crazy. People often tell me I'm wrong because of the way I see my mother. She may have given birth to me, but she will never be my mom. Just the woman that birthed me. Sure, I have a relationship with my mother, but it's different than most mother-son relationships. Do I love my mother? Absolutely! But my grandmother (my dad's mom) is the one who raised me. My grandmother is my mom. And no one can change the way I see that. We're gonna go to Georgia in the next few days to see my mother and the rest of the family.  

On a slightly happier note, I got a new job! I'm no longer at JCPenney. (Hallelujah!) I'm now at Reed's Jeweler's. Finally, a job that pays well. But somehow, I'm always still broke. Haha. But I can pay my bills. There's that, right? I want out of retail with everything in me. But I guess if I'm still stuck in it, the jewelry business isn't so bad.

I still do not have a vehicle. It sucks. But right now, there really isn't anything I can do about it. I had some money towards a down payment but I loaned it to a friend and I never saw him or that money again. He even lived with us! But that's okay. He can keep the money and I'll keep his gun and I'll have a great time hunting this upcoming season.

We moved a couple months ago out of our old house into a house on twenty acres. We started out with no electricity or water. Let me explain. We bought 20 acres in a different part of down and dropped a double wide on it until we can build a better house. We didn't realize that we'd be living in it so soon. Why did we do it? Because the person who is buying our old house needed to be in a house with a land line phone because someone in their family is now on house arrest. So, we went ahead and let them move in and we moved out. As much as most people would think it sucks, it was kinda cool. It's kinda like camping. Except, in your own house. Okay. Fine. It was kinda strange looking back on it. But I'm still alive. There's that, right? It was kinda nice to be away from the world for a while. Even though I did mentally shut down for two days because I was tired of "camping". (That was not my ideal camping situation, okay! It was a tease!) We have both power and water now. So, don't worry. Our house is fully functional and has been for a couple months.

My brother and sister-in-law opened up a store. It's eventually going to be like Plato's closet, but better. They're going to have clothes, kid's clothes, furniture, toys, small appliances, and stuff. Lots of stuff. A stipulation of the renter's agreement was to clear out all of the stuff in the back building and eventually tear the building down. Little did they know, that back building was an old fabric store. It was full of vintage fabrics, lace, yarn, thread, patterns, etc. You name it, we found it. And it's all straight from the 70's. So we have been selling vintage fabrics since January. And even though I honestly could not care less about the sewing world, some of the things we found are really cool. For example, DIY vintage clothing patterns, vintage patterned fabrics, vintage colors that you can't find today, and vintage lace. It really is cool to see how things change over time. Maybe the initial store will be open one day.

Like I said, my life is crazy! I sometimes wonder if my life would make a good television show. If so, I'd totally do it in a heartbeat! But seriously, do you know anyone else that has to deal with this kind of stuff? Because I sure don't.

So for now, I'm done with my ranting. I'll update you guys when some new and exciting or mildly depressing things happen in my life. It's after midnight here, so I'm gonna call it a night

No comments:

Post a Comment