Pages

Monday, July 22, 2013

People like to talk.

People keep asking me why do I want to leave Columbus. My answer? I've been here 22 years. I've pretty much done and seen everything this town has to offer. I'm become bored with this place. I just want something different. But, lately, the question that I've gotten the most of is "What does your family think?" Honestly, I hate this question. They're not gonna say that I can't go just because they'll miss me. And if they did, I'd probably just straight up laugh in their faces. My family knows that I've never wanted to stay here my whole life. I've never been one to stay put, even as a child. So, naturally, they knew I would eventually leave. I know that I will be missed. I will also miss my family. Sure, they want me to successful. But they also want me to be happy with my life. I feel that I can't be both here. They are proud that I'm finally making a huge decision on my own without any influences. 

I keep seeing things everywhere that say something to the extent of "Be you." or "Don't let people influence your life." These things have been everywhere lately. I don't know why I keep noticing them. But they make me feel like I'm making the right decision for my life. I hope. I also feel like people think I'm gonna move and just go wild and crazy. But of course these are the people that don't exactly know me personally. If you know me, you know that I would never do that. I would never want ruin the reputation that I have.

"Well what are you gonna do in Mississippi?" I plan on working and eventually going back to school. Not much will change. Just a new place. I do plan on changing my major from Pharmacy Technician to Marketing with an emphasis on Social Media. Maybe take some Graphic Design classes too. "Why? That's so much different that what you're doing now." Another question. Great. I've never wanted a technical career. My Aunt wanted me to go to Columbus Tech. So, I did. I hated it. I dropped out after three semesters and here I am. This still might not be what I want to do with my life. But it sounds so exciting to me. I love Social Media and good designs. So, I thought, why not make it part of my future? Maybe it will work out. Who knows? We'll see.

I'm sure people will be talking about me moving for the next few months. But that's okay. I expected it. I just didn't know it would start before I even left. 

No comments:

Post a Comment